Fractional laser skin resurfacing is a relatively new method that is used to treat a number of skin conditions with minimal downtime. This laser delivers light to the skin through an array of high precision microbeams that penetrate the skin deep into the dermis. This creates narrow, deep columns of skin coagulation, surrounded by healthy, untreated skin. This causes the skin to repair itself by replacing old, sun damaged skin with new, younger, healthier skin. Since the Icon 1540 delivers fractionated light, the treatments are safer and produce consistent results.
TOP 5 THINGS TREATED WITH THE ICON FRACTIONAL LASER:
1. Acne Scarring: There are many treatment options for acne scarring; however depressed, acne scarring is best treated with lasers.
2. Surgical or Traumatic Scars: This laser can improve scars from prior cosmetic surgeries, C-section scars, orthopedic or general surgical scars, traumatic scars, or burns.
3. Skin Resurfacing: Improve skin texture, tone, and other irregularities of the skin. Reverse signs of aging, such as fine lines, wrinkles, and sun damage. Experience brighter, tighter, and smoother skin.
4. Stretch Marks: This can help the appearance of stretch marks due to pregnancy, growth spurts, or fluctuations in weight.
5. Melasma: Melasma is a skin condition that causes patchy brown discoloration of the face that can be caused by medications, hormones, pregnancy, or direct sunlight.
Fractional resurfacing with the Icon 1540 is much less invasive compared to ablative laser procedures, resulting in a faster recovery time. Most patients experience minimal downtime, with some mild redness and swelling for a couple of days. Since these treatments are fractionated and less invasive, generally 3 – 5 sessions are recommended for full results. These are performed every 2 – 6 weeks.