AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® Multifocal IOLs are an innovative cataract treatment because of a patented optical technology called apodization.
AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® Multifocal IOLs’ apodized diffractive is designed to improve image quality and reduce visual disturbances by optimally distributing light to near and distance focal points, based on ambient lighting1:
• In brightly lit conditions, light waves are sent simultaneously to near, distant and intermediate focal points, providing a full range of quality vision.
• In low-light conditions, light is gradually distributed to distant focal points as the pupil enlarges, achieving improved distance vision and reduced visual disturbances. That means, for example, improved vision of the road during nighttime drives.
Enhancing Vision Through Aspheric Design
The AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® family of IOLs also reduces spherical aberration, enhancing clarity and image quality for recipients.
Spherical aberration with a spherical IOL
Positive spherical aberration occurs when light rays are over-refracted at the periphery of an optical structure, like a spherical IOL, resulting in a region of defocused light and decreased image quality.
Aspheric correction with AcrySof® IQ IOLs
The aspheric optic of AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® Multifocal IOLs correctly aligns light rays to compensate for positive corneal spherical aberration, providing improved vision quality.2
Quality You Expect
Like all AcrySof® IQ lenses, AcrySof® IQ ReSTOR® Multifocal IOLs also come with the benefits of:
• STABLEFORCE® haptics are designed for capsular bag stability and centration1,3
• Single-piece design delivers excellent refractive predictability4
• Bioadhesion to the capsular bag5
• UV and blue-light filtration2
• Proven aspheric design for image quality
• Thin edge profile
Ease of Implantation with MONARCH® Delivery Systems
• Consistent delivery
• Multiple delivery system options
• Predictable unfolding
• More than 70 million AcrySof® IOL implants worldwide6
• Backed by the Alcon network of support
Contact us today to learn more about ReSTOR lenses and if you are a candidate. Call720-307-5625 to schedule a consultation and learn how the Acrysof ReSTOR IOL can benefit you